This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Demo of corner cafe at Balmoral



Here is a step by step of a quick demo that I did at my weekly sketching class at Balmoral today. I didn't use any perspective setup but did start drawing the main shapes first as I saw them.
 
 Looking forward to my first Sketching Architecture workshop in Melbourne this Saturday - I cant wait!
Also will be running more sketching classes based at Balmoral on Friday mornings in October if you are interested.

1 comment:

  1. Liz, Congrats on your Article...
    I cannot be at your classes, but read your articles on line.
    When you first sketch the Building, do you measure say with a pencil etc. I always fine this confusing.
    I did draw a City Block, of my town, but used Ruler's etc, and it turned out good for an Amateur,
    But I like your loose style...
    Thanks,,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin