This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I will be back soon....


D01_Fri06_06 Cathedral front (west) facade
I haven't forgotten about this blog but I was so busy preparing for my big trip this year - to Santo Domingo last month for the third international symposium and then a week in New York. Now I am madly scanning all the sketches from the 3 sketchbooks I filled in 3 weeks.

So stay tuned as I I have lots I want to share about the architectural sketching I did in both locations and report on the workshop I taught in SD with Frank Ching.

In the meantime, here is a sketch I did of the entrance of the Cathedral in Santo Domingo. I did this on my first afternoon, when I was somewhat sleep deprived but totally overawed by the architecture and feel of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin