This blog is devoted to my architectural sketching adventures and musings about the integration of architecture and sketching.
I hope not only to share my own on-location architectural sketches but provide tips and methodologies for sketching and understanding architecture.
Also, most importantly, I wish to explore ways in which, in a digital age, we can not only defend but
promote freehand sketching within the architectural profession.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A few pages from my 'book' I made from my first trip to Rome

Following on from my last post... here is the work that I did prior to becoming addicted to sketching on location. (hope it is not too slow to load!)


All of this was put together after I got home... this was produced during 2004. This was all printed on my Epson inkjet printer and hard bound together by a binding company that mainly does thesis binding.

I learnt so much from doing this research but the most significant part was the notated diagrams, plans, elevations that summarised all that I had read. There is a lot that we can learn from history...certainly I think that my feel for composition has been really assisted by my study of classical architecture. I do wish I knew more about proportion though..

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Until when can we expect a new book with your drawings/maps/handwriting?

    Thank you
    jb

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin